It’s now blocked and, here is what it looks like:
I’m working on the sizing and will write the pattern shortly.
I have finished the hat to match my baby vest and decided that that would be it for the set: a vest and a hat. I am naming it Loki, after one of my friend’s baby boy born last September.
Here are the first pictures, it still needs blocking, but it should give you a good idea. I now need to work on sizing and pattern writing before getting it tested.
This version is size 3 months
OK, now that I have finished the vest, I realise that I would like to do the hat differently and the booties possibly too. Or, maybe I will have socks instead of booties. The different possibilities are dancing in my mind and I’m just not sure right now. I will get working on a different hat pattern right now and will decide once it’s done whether it is booties or socks.
Here’s the vest finished, although it is still unblocked.
Another update on the baby vest 🙂
It’s going along as planned so far…
A sneak preview at my new baby vest pattern. I started knitting today. I think it’s turning well…
The baby set’s hat is just finished, I can now get working on the vest. I decided that the vest would be in a plain colour matching the booties and hat as I think it would be a bit too much to have three pieces in this same yarn.
Here are a few pics, I don’t have a baby at hand for modeling, so this baby does a lot of the modeling around here!