Archive | March, 2011

Tricolour Trio of Bath Mitts

29 Mar

A set of 3 bath mitts using 3 colours, perfect for last minute presents. Each design is simple to knit, using slipped stitches so that only one colour is ever worked per round and can also be knit in two colours with great results.

Pattern is written for both sport weight and worsted weight cotton yarn.

Included in the pattern are two knitting versions, one from the top down and one from the bottom up. This way, you can choose the method you are most comfortable with.

Instructions both written and charted.



Difficulty

Intermediate

Yarn
Version 1: sport weight cotton yarn
About 33m/36yard of each colour for 1 mitt
Version 2: worsted weight cotton yarn
About 23m/25yard of each colour for 1 mitt

Needles
Version 1: 4mm/US6 circular needle or DPNs
Version 2: 5mm/US8 circular needle or DPNs
or size needles needed to obtain gauge

Necessary Skills
Knitting in the round, slipped stitches
Optional: Turkish cast on / toe-up magic cast on or Kitchener stitch

Gauge
Version 1: 23 sts x 28 rows / 10 cm – 4” in stocking st
Version 2: 17 sts x 23 rows / 10 cm – 4” in stocking st

Size
To fit medium sized adult hand, about 12cm/4.75” wide x 20cm/8” long
Tips on upsizing or downsizing in the pattern.


Pattern costs: $3.00

You can see other versions on Ravelry here:

Bright, Did You Say Bright?!

28 Mar

I am finally done with my Adult Surprise Jacket and I love it! One thing is for sure, it’ll be hard to hide when I wear it… 😉
It is made of 16 different colours!

Here are a few pictures:

Spaceman Nicolino Pattern Now Free

14 Mar

My Spaceman Nicolino Hat pattern is now available for free.

Pattern can be downloaded here.

If you haven’t seen it before, here are a few pictures, click the link above for more information.

A Few Crochet Projects

7 Mar

I just realised that I hadn’t posted in a little while…

Recently, I made 3 crochet projects, all tests for the designers. Actually, the first two are of the same pattern, except that I made a mistake in the diamond stitch in my first version and, therefore, redid it… It’s the Diamond Romance pattern.

My first version in Zauberball (with mistake)

My second version, with the correct pattern

My third project is a pair of Vanya Armlets (not published yet) by Rachel Petersen. I used Lana Grossa Qui and I love the end result

%d bloggers like this: